It’s that time of year again…time to set new year's resolutions! Everyone who has set resolutions in the past knows they are hard to keep.
Whether you decide you want to eat a healthy diet, pay off your debt, or get yourself organized, it’s tough to stick to your goals for an entire year.
"While setting your resolutions this year, remember that your planner is a great tool to make your resolutions last."
Here’s a few reasons why most new year's resolutions don’t work:
- Lack of planning
- Not holding yourself accountable
- Having an unclear vision
- Setting unrealistic goals
While the new year is the perfect time to reflect, plan, and set goals for the year ahead, perhaps it’s time to try something new.
There’s no need to wait until the new year to start living the life you always dream of. Instead, you can use your 2022 Planner to check in with your goals, budget, rituals, and habits each month so you always feel one step closer to living your best life.
Here’s a few ways you can make your resolutions last:
- A little planning goes a long way toward making healthy habits stick. Creating a strategy for yourself and identifying potential challenges is the key to long-term success. For example, if your goal is to get organized, think about any obstacles you might face, and plan accordingly. It might require you to block off time each Friday at 5:00pm to tidy your desk or schedule the following week in your planner.
- Review your progress each month to help hold yourself accountable. Reviewing your improvements regularly will not only keep you on track, but also motivate you to keep moving forward towards your goals.
- Vision boarding is a great way to get clear about your goals and map out where you want to be in life. Vision boards often consist of visual representations or images of what you want to do, have, or be in life. Putting your vision board in your planner allows you to maintain focus on your goals all year.
- Your new year's resolutions need to be manageable and trackable. It isn’t that you shouldn’t be setting ambitious goals for yourself, but rather that your larger goals need to have an action plan. As you write your resolutions, remember the power of SMART goals: They should be Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-bound.
While setting your resolutions this year, remember that your planner is a great tool to make your resolutions last. Our 2022 Planner was created to help you increase productivity and organization in all areas of your life by allowing you to set goals, budget, track a new habit, create your schedule, and so much more. With monthly sections for goals, budget, rituals, and habits, you’ll be able to stick to your goals this year and make your resolutions happen.
What helps you stay committed to your New Year’s resolutions all year long? Share your new years goals and resolutions with us over on Instagram @stilclassics.